Friday, April 07, 2006

What the fuck IS this?














Once in a while, I come across an item on ebay that has me completely mentally defeated. This is one of those items. If you can tell me what this thing is, I owe you one. In addition to the pictures, I've even included the simple clear description: "NOMURA TN3-L AUTOMATIC BAG OPENER PURCHASED IN 2003 AND USED VERY LITTLE LIKE NEW AND READY TO GO TO WORK INCLUDES ALL CONTROLS, AND WORK PLATFORM ITEM WILL SHIP WITH ALL MANUALS AND ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS." Okay, it's a bag opener. I can read. I still don't know what that actually means. Someone, somewhere, shed some light on this.




3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Kunath said...

From a half-assed google search on "automatic bag openers." This from a supplier of such machines:

"PowerSourcing is the best source for locating automatic bag opener suppliers. Quickly find automatic bag opener and thousands of other products and services for purchasing and research."

I realize this doesn't clear things up at all. In fact, it makes the matter more confusing. Purchasing and research?

The fact that there are automatic bag opener suppliers suggests that there is yet another world of which we know nothing. Here we are, 37 years old (me once, you twice), and we come upon a concept that has somehow never intersected with our lives.

Usually when that happens, I assume the subject is dark and scary. Who are these purchasers/researchers who need their bags opened automatically? What diabolical activities are they involved in? Are they so busy purchasing and researching some horrible thing (that apparently must be bagged) that they have no time to figure out which side of the bag is the side that opens? That happens to me all the time with Hefty bags -- I always go for the wrong side first, only to find that I'm thumbing at the bottom. But I have the time to spare to adjust and open. I have the time! These evil purchaser/researchers do not.

Scary stuff.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Mark Feigenson said...

I am humbled by the depth of your bag research. Nice job. I'm still confused. See you tonight.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe.. this is so funny. What a goofy looking thing. At first, I thought it looked like a cement-related machine.. and then a donut maker. So I really have no answers for you.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home