Wednesday, February 22, 2006

T-Mobile Sucks. Here's why.

A few weeks ago, I couldn't say enough good things about the T-Mobile dealer where I got my new phone and number.

As I said, that was a few weeks ago.

I just got my T-Mobile bill and there are overlapping charges for the two numbers, even though the T-Mobile guy had my new number working within 3 minutes. I assumed that meant someone would take care of my old one. Apparently, according to the microscopic legal type on page 6847754939094 of my terms-of-service contract, I am responsible for proactively cancelling my old number, even though that reasonably should have been done by the dealer immediately, considering he told me he had to switch my number and sign me on as a new customer to get me the free phone. New number necessary means old number no good. Any idiot can see this. Well, he did indeed call to cancel my number, but not for a couple of weeks. Charges accrued.

And after being a T-Mobile customer for more than 2 years with no late payments, and spending half an hour waiting on the phone with two different T-Mobile customer disservice members while they 'researched' the problem, they wouldn't extend me the simple courtesy of removing the extra $20 charge. By the end of my new contract, I will have paid them more than $1,800 in total. Obviously, I'm not going to sign with them again. Which means they just threw away the next $1,800, over a lousy 20 bucks. Dumb asses.

Catherine Zeta-Jones is still hot, though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cromely said...

A few years ago, I dealt with those nearly felonious idiots back when they were Voicestream. We had multiple discussions over hundreds of dolalrs in disputed bills.

The breaking point for me was when on of their collection folks called me. I asked her to spell here name, and she said "I do not authorize you to record or take notes on this call". I explained I had no intention of recording the call, but I did not need her authorization to take notes. She said, "I will take the notes; you don't need to."

While I thought that was very generous of her, I explained I would continue to take notes, regardless.

She said, "Thank you for using Voicestream." and hung up.

I switched over to Sprint and have been happy with them since.

Good luck. For some reason, the cell phone companies just don't seem to get it.

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get out of the contract. T-mobile sucks especially for people traveling and doing international calls (their supposedly strong point) - I came home from a UK trip while having my phone turned on but without taking a *single* phonecall - the bill was still showing $100 for calls. T-mobile charges $1 for every time somebody *attempts* to call you - totally abusive: yes, you don't pick up and still pay $1(!!) everytime it rings. Call center as described above useless and pointing to some obscure fine print, no chance of refund - needlass to say that I will not renew my business contract with them.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home